COVID vaccines are now available for aged care workers. For more information please download the following resources:
April 20th, 2021
Message from The CEO:
I can now confirm that the Primary Health Network has made contact and given Orana Gardens the dates for our residents COVID Vaccinations.
We are scheduled to have these;
1st Dose – 04/05/2021
2nd Dose – 25/05/2021
The vaccine provider will be in touch to confirm these a few days from the first vaccination date.
These vaccinations are for residents, staff will be conducted at another time.
Message From The CEO:
The local Primary Health Network (PHN), are this week receiving the COVID Vaccine and will be liaising with Orana Gardens shortly to confirm our dates for the vaccine program.
At the moment we are asking residents and staff to complete the consent form.
Although the COVID Vaccine is not compulsory for staff or residents, we encourage all to participate in receiving the vaccine.
As soon as the dates are confirmed we will communicate this with the Orana Gardens community.
From Our CEO’s Desk:
As of yesterday the NSW Government has reduced the risk of COVID and it is now advised that wearing of masks is not required in aged care facilities. Please reinforce that staff and visitors are to still remain vigilant and use best practice hand hygiene and appropriate screening.
Visitors to a facility in NSW are not required to wear a surgical mask.
Exclude visitors who:
- have COVID-19 symptoms – fever (37. 5°C or higher) or symptoms of COVID-19
- have been to any NSW, Interstate or Overseas locations listed in the current areas of concern at the dates and times listed for 14 days after they have visited the location
- live in the NSW areas of increased testing
- are a close contact of a person with confirmed COVID-19 and are within their self-isolation period
- live in a household with a person who is currently self-isolating
- are waiting for a COVID-19 test result.